Monday, January 31, 2011

Introducing...ME

Hello, my name is Kelly (as you may or may not have noticed at this point.) As directed, this is a brief introduction of myself. I am taking Ms. Blunk's English 1B class to fulfill general education requirements as I am pursuing a degree in mathematics. It is my second year at Sierra College full-time, but I did take a few courses my senior year of high school while earning my diploma through an independent study program.

Although I am not generally a person to find/make time for reading, I do enjoy good literature when I come across it. For the most part I enjoy nonfictional essay/short story compilations and (auto)biographies, but have also come across quite a few novels that have been worthwhile. Due to my lack of reading, I do not have a favorite author, but I will say that everything I have read from Augusten Burroughs has been hard to put down. Some books I have enjoyed include, but are not limited to:
*Running with Scissors
*Lord of the Flies
*White Oleander
*You Better Not Cry
*A Long Way Gone
*Snowflower and the Secret Fan

Anyhow, I look forward to this class and communicating with all of you--my classmates. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment